Welcome to my Blog!

Ciao a Tutti e Benvenuti!
I plan on documenting my travels throughout Italy and Europe on this blog from time to time. Please feel free to check it out!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Getting Ready for the Trip

Well, I went to the bank yesterday and exchanged U.S. Dollars for Euros.  The Euro is an interesting currency.  It almost is too hard to believe that it is actual money.  Euro bills are much smaller than American Dollars and are designed very differently.  They have an holographic boarder on one side of the bill which is something the American Dollar doesn't have and of course they have watermarks just like U.S. bills also.  The currency itself is spit into bills of 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100.  The 1 Euro are not bills, but coins.  I have seen these before, but as of right now, I do not have any.  I received 5, 10, and 20 bills, but I will post a picture of one anyways just to show what they look like that I found from the internet.  Each 1 Euro coin has a different picture of a country within the European Union on it, but they are accepted anywhere within the European Union.

5 Euro Bill
10 Euro Bill

20 Euro Bill
1 Euro Coin

I had also purchased some outlet adapters online so the American plugs will be able to fit into European outlets.  I purchased a few of these for Continental Europe and some for Great Britain if I decide to go there.  Compared to U.S. plugs, European plugs are very small and have two thin prongs.  Plugs from Great Britain and Ireland, however, are very large and look very monotonous.  They have three large prongs.

That's all for this post.  Until next time...Arrivederci!

British Outlet Adapter (Front View)
European Outlet Adapter (Front View)









British Outlet Adapter (Face View)
European Outlet Adapter (Face View)