Welcome to my Blog!

Ciao a Tutti e Benvenuti!
I plan on documenting my travels throughout Italy and Europe on this blog from time to time. Please feel free to check it out!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Preparing for the Trip of a Lifetime

Well, this is my first post on my first blog I have ever created.  I am very excited about my trip I will be taking for my study abroad experience to Milan, Italy. I have so much to do and so much to look forward to.  I will be leaving in 11 days.  The wait is really going to bother me.  I have already obtained the essentials for any traveler (i.e. passport, student visa) but have a lot more to do.  I am planning my schedule while at my stay at UCSC (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore) which stands for the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart. So far, my schedule is looking pretty good, and of course, NO FRIDAY CLASSES!!! which I am really looking forward to. 

UCSC Courtyard
My flight journey will be a long one.  I will be going from San Antonio to Houston, Houston to London and then London to Milan.  I can't wait to see my great aunt Zia Laura and my cousin Michele, who I haven't seen since I was five years old.  They live in Biella, which is a town about an hour away from Milan.  I will be staying with them until my classes start on February 1st.  Hopefully I will be able to go see their mountain homes in Piedicavallo, which is a small town about 3-4 hours away from the French Border.  I have memories of that village from when I last visited them as a five year old. Even after fifteen years, I can still remember it very clearly. 
The Town of Piedicavallo






I will try to figure out how to post additional pictures and I will put up some of UCSC and Piedicavallo to show what they look like.  I will definitely put up some more pictures when I actually get to Italy of the real thing.  I might be experimenting with the blog outlook also so don't be alarmed if it looks differently the next time I post.  




Well...until the next post, 
Ciao a tutti e buon fine settimana!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment